Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I just read the first 50 pages of Groundswell.  Overall, its not a bad book.  It started out interesting while I was on the bus to MMA.  I read about 25 pages and then fell asleep.  It seems to have gotten more boring and is kind of dry.  It talks mostly about how things in the Groundswell like blogs, RSS feeds, etc. can be used in a business.  It kind of talks to "you," as the business owner and tells how to use it to your business' advantage.  Since I don't own a business, a lot of this turns out to be somewhat irrelevant to me.  Hopefully it gets better in the next 50 pages.

2 comments:

Jadon Klopson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think that you can try and bridge the gap between the owner of a business and a Coast Guard officer or at least see some similarities. Things are different for us because we work for the government. I feel that the longer this "Web 2.0 Revolution" continues we'l be using more open source tactics in everyday life, including the military. It's though to go against the "we've always done it this way" mentality, but time and results will no doubt change some opinions. -Jono P!